As part of a world leading geotechnical contracting group, Bachy Soletanche specialises in all aspects of modern Geotechnics and Foundation Engineering, Including bored and displacement piling, diaphragm walls, grouting, mini piling, anchors, ground improvements and environmental engineering.
We value our team and colleagues as the most important assets we have and we know that it is working together to overcome the most complex geotechnical challenges that ultimately allows us to fuel that feeling of pride.
Our Mission: Proud to create sustainable geotechnical solutions through Trust, Partnership and Excellence.
Our Values: In line with our Mission Statement, the main Values that shape our behaviours, unify us a team and help us build long lasting relationships with our clients are: TEC-TAC = Teamwork, Excellence, Creative, Trust, Accountability, Caring.
To complement and strength our existing teams we are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join our busy operations team in, based in Burscough, Lancashire.
Main Purpose of Quantity Surveyor Role
To assist the Bachy Soletanche Core business by providing commercial support to ensure they recover their contractual entitlement, recover cash in accordance with the contract, manage risks and opportunities, and that projects are forecasted
- Preparation, submission and negotiating of interim and final accounts.
- Client liaison/ attendance at meetings.
- Management of cash collection to maximise cashflow.
- Identification, preparation and settlement of variations and claims.
- Commercial and Operational support to ensure contractual notices are complied with.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept.
- Assist in monitoring and maintenance of programme with Operations (including revisions).
- The preparation of internal monthly reports (in liaison with Operations), including comparisons to budgets/ re-forecasts, all in accordance with the reporting timelines.
- Close working relationship with Operations to ensure early identification and resolution of commercial/ performance issues.
- Procurement, payment and management of subcontractors.
- Ensuring effective and consistent implementation of the Company’s commercial policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Experience
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, or other relevant qualification, with a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience in the Civil Engineering industry.
- Membership of relevant professional body e.g. RICS or ICES, would be an advantage.
- Piling experience would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of various forms of contract (including JCT, NEC, and ICE).
- Ability to review contracts and negotiate amendments.
- Negotiation/Influencing skills.
- Good communicator (written and oral) and a team player.
- Demonstration of analytical thinking, reasoning, and the ability to use initiative.
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills.
- Strong Maths, I.T skills and commercial awareness.
Physical Working Environment
The role of Quantity Surveyor is based in our Burscough office, Lancashire. Hybrid working available. Occasional travel to sites as required.