As part of a world leading geotechnical contracting group, Bachy Soletanche Limited specialises in all aspects of modern Geotechnics and Foundation Engineering, Including bored and displacement piling, diaphragm walls, grouting, mini piling, anchors, ground improvements and environmental engineering. Bachy Soletanche have a fantastic opportunity to join our business as a Senior Estimator.
Purpose of Senior Estimator Role
The main task of the Senior Estimator is to secure work for the Business, by leading and coordinating all aspects of selected tender(s), ensuring high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in a manner consistent with the business strategy and procedures.
As a Senior Estimator, key roles and task could include but are not limited to:
- Review tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring we evaluate all relevant information in the bid process.
- Liaison with the design, and other departments, to ensure that innovative, and most appropriate, solutions are produced. Ensuring that all identified risks are mitigated.
- Liaison with Business Unit Manager, and the construction teams, to ensure correct resources, productions etc are employed to deliver the projects.
- Preparations of cost plans, risk assessments, and risk mitigations, in line with Bachy Soletanche Ltd procedures.
- Preparation and submission of pricing documents and tender proposal in line with our client’s requirements.
- Provide effective, and considerate, communications with our clients throughout, and post, the bid process. Willingness to attend meetings, and a professional image is essential.
- Ensuring that project operations, and the commercial team, have an effective handover on secured projects.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Experience and good technical/engineering knowledge of ground engineering processes.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of tender proposals.
- Knowledge of the UK piling and geotechnical market.
- Good communication, a team player, and is comfortable with the pressures of working to time deadlines.
Physical Working Environment
- Hybrid Working – Home working with at least 2 days per week office based in either Burscough or Camberley.
- The role does involve travel as required to visit clients and sites.