Bachy Soletanche, Vibro Menard and Soil Engineering Geoservices (BSMS) are specialist geotechnical contractors carrying out ground investigation, foundation and specialist geotechnical work for the construction industry. BSMS operates its business with integrity, in a responsible and sustainable manner, striving for strong Supplier relationships built on a foundation of trust, shared values and transparency to help drive and improve performance.
We expect our employees to treat suppliers with fairness, respect and to work jointly in building trust to enable collaborative and constructive working relationships. In return we expect our suppliers to honour the same principles.
The supplier code of conduct details what we expect from our supply chain, it acts in a reciprocal way in respect of our suppliers and sets out the behaviours we would expect of each other, including fair access to opportunities for all suppliers and equal treatment throughout the selection process.
The Procurement team at BSMS have all pledged to follow the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply code of conduct and are required to uphold this code and to seek commitment to it by all the parties they engage with in their professional practice.
BSMS Procurement also:
- Will not disclose any of their supply chains confidential information to any third party or use in any way without the consent of the supplier.
- Will not use supplier information for personal profit.
- Record any gifts offered to them by suppliers in accordance with BSMS’s Anti Bribery Statement.
- Regularly get audited by internal and external parties.
- Under no circumstances make political contributions.
- Will not engage with organisations which use Modern day slavery, child labour, forced labour or which discriminate on any grounds.
- Not tolerate corruption in any form.
- Not use the exertion of undue power or influence.
- Uphold the principles of the United Nations Charter.
- Only procure timber from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) approved sources.
- Where feasible procure products, which are able to demonstrate compliance with a recognised responsible sourcing scheme, certified by a third party.
- Concrete suppliers are expected to hold ISO 14001 and where possible we specify and procure low carbon cements such as ground-granulated blast furnace slag (GGBS) and fly ash (FA) and recycled or secondary aggregates.
- Reinforcement suppliers to hold CARES sustainability and / or ECO reinforcement.
- Continually seek alternative materials incorporating higher proportions of recycled materials
- Promote where viable the use of energy efficient plant, equipment and materials
- Ensure that whatever service or material we are purchasing, that it will be legal, ethical and in accordance with our or the client’s specification.
- Where viable uses small medium enterprises close to worksites.
- Supports a specific charity each year, which is selected by employees and to which all donations by staff should be made. As part of the working relationship we have with our clients the Company may also support additional charities when requested to do so by clients.
- Is part of the VINCI UK Foundation which supports projects that promotes social cohesion and fight exclusion.