As part of a world leading geotechnical contracting group, Bachy Soletanche Limited specialise in all aspects of modern Geotechnics and Foundation Engineering, including bored and displacement piling, diaphragm walls, grouting, mini piling, anchors, ground improvements and environmental engineering. To complement and strengthen our existing teams, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our High Speed 2 Joint Venture construction project as a Plant Administrator, based in the project plant yard in Coleshill, Birmingham.
About The Project
The HS2, N1/ N2 project covers the northern 90km section of Phase 1 of the overall HS2 scheme to provide a new high-speed rail connection between London and the North of England. A joint venture incorporating Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering (BBGE) and Bachy Soletanche Ltd (BSL) were appointed by BBV, (Balfour Beatty/ Vinci JV), to deliver the geotechnical works required along the approximately 90km of route from Leamington Spa to Litchfield.
The works comprises extensive geotechnical works including:
- Circa. 9km of Diaphragm Walls at 9 individual structures.
- 28No. Secant/ contiguous structures totalling 150,000 lin. m of piling
- Plunge Columns, Tension Piles, Ground Anchors, Soil Nails and Ground Improvement
- 103No. Piled bridges & viaducts.
Programme is for commencement of construction works in October 2020, with a duration of circa 4 years to complete. This is a key infrastructure project and with circa £100m of spend per annum the geotechnical works is a significant element of the works for the project.
Main Purpose Of The Job
The main role of the Plant Administrator is to manage the day to day plant administrative duties in the Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering and Bachy Soletanche Joint Venture at HS2 – all plant internal/external and assist with the processing of site requests from all project sites.
Key Tasks of the Plant Administrator
- Play an active part in continuous improvement of the SB3 Plant Yard’s processes and general SB3 processes
- Assist with the maintenance of the SB3 Asset Register
- Assist with the maintenance of the SB3 Damage Register
- Assist the Plant Coordination Manager with the processing of SB3 site requests
- Assist the Plant Coordination Manager with the processing of site queries
- Assist the Plant Coordination Manager with transport booking
- Assist with obtaining quotations from suppliers for plant and equipment
- Gather the weekly plant inspection forms, delivery inspection forms and PUWER logs from all of the SB3 sites
- Assist with capturing NRMM data from all SB3 sites
- Assist the SB3 Plant Yard Stores Person with stock taking and re-orders
- Manage the stationery for the SB3 Plant Yard Office
- Manage the SB3 Plant Yard’s welfare consumables
- Assist with any other administrative duties regarding the SB3 plant and equipment
Internal: SB3 Plant Team, SB3 Operational Teams, SB3 Procurement, SB3 Managers and Directors
External: Bachy Soletanche Plant Yard, Balfour Beatty Plant Yard, Subcontractors, Suppliers
Technical and Personal Skills
The following qualities/experience are essential for the Plant Administrator role:
- CSCS Card (joint venture can provide)
- Clear focus on quality
- Knowledge of plant / asset hire industry
- Clear drive and ambition
- Ability communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
- Ability to communicate and engage with site personnel and develop good working relationships
- Ability to prioritise work and activities
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Experience in delivering best practices in plant and equipment safely
The following qualities/experience are desirable for the Plant Administrator role:
- Strong computer skills – focused on Excel / Word / PowerPoint and ideally and ideally conversant with other software, e.g. MS Project. Experience with plant management software i.e. Insphire or MCS
Physical Working Environment
Site role at the Plant Yard in Coleshill, Birmingham.